Alka-seltzer Lemon Lime Recall
Get an alert when a recall is issued.
Questions & Answers
Side Effects & Adverse Reactions
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
· hives · facial swelling · asthma (wheezing) · shock
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is
higher if you
● are age 60 or older
● have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
● take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
● take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription
NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
● have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this
● take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use
● if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever
● if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any
of its ingredients
● stomach bleeding warning applies to you
● you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
● you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis,
or kidney disease
● you are taking a diuretic
● you have asthma
● you have a sodium-restricted diet
● presently taking a prescription drug. Antacids may
interact with certain prescription drugs.
● taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
● an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
● you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
● feel faint ● vomit blood ● have bloody or black stools
● have stomach pain that does not get better
● symptoms get worse or last more than 10 days
● redness or swelling is present
● ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
● new symptoms occur
There is currently no legal information available for this drug.
FDA Safety Alerts
There are currently no FDA safety alerts available for this drug.
There is currently no manufacturer warning information available for this drug.
FDA Labeling Changes
There are currently no FDA labeling changes available for this drug.
for the temporary relief of
● heartburn, acid indigestion, and sour stomach when
accompanied with headache or body aches and pains
● upset stomach with headache from overindulgence in
food or drink
● pain alone (headache or body and muscular aches and pains)
There is currently no drug history available for this drug.
There are no additional details available for this product.