Aspirin Delayed Release Recall
Get an alert when a recall is issued.
Questions & Answers
Side Effects & Adverse Reactions
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
- if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
- you have not been drinking fluids
- taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
- taking any other drug
- under a doctor's care for any serious condition
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any new symptoms appear
- ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
There is currently no legal information available for this drug.
FDA Safety Alerts
There are currently no FDA safety alerts available for this drug.
There is currently no manufacturer warning information available for this drug.
FDA Labeling Changes
There are currently no FDA labeling changes available for this drug.
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains
- for other uses, see your doctor, but do not use for more than 10 days without consulting your doctor because serious side effects may occur
There is currently no drug history available for this drug.
There are no additional details available for this product.