Backaid Inflammatory Pain Formula Recall
Get an alert when a recall is issued.
Questions & Answers
Side Effects & Adverse Reactions
Reye's Syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's Syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 8 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other products containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product.
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anti-coagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen or others]
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver disease, liver cirrhosis or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout or arthritis
- taking any other drug.
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present.
- ringing in the ears or hearing loss occurs.
- any new symptoms occur
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- you feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
There is currently no legal information available for this drug.
FDA Safety Alerts
There are currently no FDA safety alerts available for this drug.
There is currently no manufacturer warning information available for this drug.
FDA Labeling Changes
There are currently no FDA labeling changes available for this drug.
Uses For the temporary relief of minor aches and pains including the minor pain of arthritis.
There is currently no drug history available for this drug.
There are no additional details available for this product.