Family Care Thera Flex Recall
Get an alert when a recall is issued.
Questions & Answers
Side Effects & Adverse Reactions
For external use only
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause stomach bleeding. The chance is small but higher if you:
- are 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing an NSAID (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using the product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use:
- on the face or rashes
- on wounds or damaged skin
- if allergic to aspirin or other NSAIDs
- with a heating pad
- when sweating (such as from exercise or heat)
- any patch from a pouch that has been open for 14 or more days
- right before or after heart surgery
Ask a doctor before use:
- if you are allergic to topical products
- the stomach bleeding warning applies to your
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- you feel faint, vomit blood, or have bloody or black stools. These are signs of stomach bleeding
- rash, itching or skin irritation develops
- conditions worsens
- symptoms last for more than 3 days
- symptoms clear up and occur again within a few days
- stomach pain or upset gets worse or lasts
There is currently no legal information available for this drug.
FDA Safety Alerts
There are currently no FDA safety alerts available for this drug.
There is currently no manufacturer warning information available for this drug.
FDA Labeling Changes
There are currently no FDA labeling changes available for this drug.
Directions: Adult 18 years and older
- clean and dry affected area
- remove patch from backing film and apply to skin (see illustration)
- apply one patch to the affected area and leave in place for up to 8 to 12 hours
- if pains last after using the first patch, a second patch may be applied for up to another 8 to 12 hours
- only use on patch at a time
- do not use more than 2 patches per day
- do not use for more than 3 days in a row
- Children under 18 years of age: do not use
There is currently no drug history available for this drug.
There are no additional details available for this product.